fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
- The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
- "dear friend" (a common phrase found in 419 scams)
- This email message is a "New Partner from Paraguay" scam.
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Outblaze.com, Hong Kong; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
- transfer director dr sebastien toni. through e-mail (email@example.com ) ask him to send you the donation sum of ($500,000 (Consultant; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
Fraud email example:
From: Mrs Aisha Gaddafi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 05:43:21 -0800
Subject: I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU.
I have been trying to get your contact again to inform you about my success
in getting those funds transferred under the
co-operation of a new partner from the USA Who knows the history of my
family before the death of my beloved father.
Presently I am in the USA, and meanwhile I didn't forget your past efforts
to assist me in transferring those funds
despite that it failed us somehow.
I really appreciate your honest co operation and assistant ,You tried so
much for me and I didn't forget your past
Now I want you to contact the bank transfer director DR SEBASTIEN TONI.
through e-mail (email@example.com ) Ask
him to send you the donation sum of ($500,000 US Dollars) which I kept for
your compensation for all your past efforts
and attempts to assist me in the transaction as my investment
partner.please try to help the less privileged from the
money.I have also given my donation to turkey Region due to the situation
of Earthquake that killed many people and
It is possible to open a non-resident bank account with the bank and also
make a transfer on your own to any bank.Do your
best to help the Widows ,poor motherless children and the less privileged
in your country.That is my wish.
I am a Widow and single Mother with three Children,the only biological
Daughter of late Libyan President (Late Colonel
For more information about my family,
You can know more through the BBC news links below:
Bank of Africa Group (BOA)
770, Avenue du PrÃ©sident Aboubakar SangoulÃ© Lamizana
01 BP 1319 - Ouagadougou 01 Burkina Faso
Name of Director/DR SEBASTIEN TONI.
Tel/Fax +226) 0542 2905.
Feel free to call him on the phone after sending email.+226) 0542 2905.
Yours Truly Aisha