fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- email@example.com (email address has been used in a known fraud before)
Fraud email example:
From: "Mr. Keranovic Dursum" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 22:41:29 +0100
Subject: Greeting from Gulf Region...
I saw your profile and I want to have a Profitable Joint Venture with
you. I am currently seeking means of expanding and relocating business
interest abroad in the following sectors: Oil/Gas, Banking, Real
Estate, Stock Speculation, and Mining, Transportation, Health Sector
and Tobacco, Communication Services, Agriculture Forestry & Fishing,
thus any sector. If you think you have a solid background and idea of
making a good profit in any of the mentioned business sectors or any
other business in your country. I am very interested in funding the
business partnership, with you acting as the manager and sole
controller of the injected capital while I remain a silent/angel
investor on long term JV partnership. Can you be trusted without
running me into liquidation?
Kindly write to me for possible business co-operation. More so, we are
ready to facilitate and fund any business that is capable of
generating 10% annual return on investment (AROI) JV partnership and
We also offer Loans/Credits to individuals and companies, to solve
some of their financial problems, funding can also be considered.
You can reach us by Email: email@example.com
Almoayyed international Group