fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
- ",500,000" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- "00,000.00" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- "diplomatic courier" ("diplomats" who perform deliveries of cash or other valuables to you only exist in 419 scams)
- "barrister" (Barristers (lawyers) mentioned in 419 scams are always fake.)
- "barr." (Barristers (lawyers) mentioned in 419 scams are always fake.)
- "charles soludo" (the name of a person or institution often appearing in 419 scams)
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
- Barristers (lawyers) mentioned in 419 scams are always fake.
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- email@example.com (email address has been used in a known fraud before)
- committee name: mr. peter kaiser email: ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) you really have to stop dealing with those people that (Yahoo; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
Fraud email example:
From: infoinfo officeofice <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 16:32:13 +0100
Subject: YOU ARE ADVISED TO STOP CONTACTING THEM!!!
I Am Mr. Rick Brook , I am a Germany's citizen, Male
72 years Old. I reside here in Grund 71, 78549 Spaichingen, Deutschland,
Germany. My residential address is as follows. Grund 71, 78549 Spaichingen,
Deutschland, Germany, am thinking of relocating since I'm now rich. I'm one
of those that took part in United Nations Compensation Commission (U.N)
many years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over $75,000.00 Euro
while in the United States, West Africa and United Nation trying to get my
payment all to no avail, You can also view the following website:
I decided to travel to the UNITED NATION (U.N) Head Office at UNITED
NATIONS COMPENSATION COMMISSION (UNCC) Secretariat Villa la Pelouse Palais
des Nations 8-12 Avenue de la Paix 1211 Geneva 10 Switzerland, you can also
view they website: http://www.uncc.ch/, And the United Nation.(U.N)
directed me to One Office Mr. Peter Kaiser in United Nation who is in
charged for the Agent compensation awarded, but he lives' in Nigeria who is
among the member of the COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE, I contacted him and
also he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting through
Africa are fake because the Inheritance/Compensation Law clearly states
that the beneficiary/recipient is exempt from receiving said fund from
Africa, Mr. Peter Kaiser took me to the paying bank office for the claim of
my Compensation payment. Right now I'm the happiest man on earth because I
have received my compensation funds of $1,500,000.00 (One million five
hundred thousand dollars).
Moreover, Mr. Peter Kaiser showed me the full information of those that are
yet to receive their payments and I saw your email address as one of the
beneficiaries that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those
people, they are not with your funds, they are only making money out of
you. I will advise you to contact Mr. Rick Brook you have to contact him
directly on this information below.
COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE
Name: Mr. Peter Kaiser
Email: ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you
and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them,
they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you
have nothing. The only money I paid after I met Mr. Peter Kaiser was just
375 Euro for the processing of all documentations that back up your funds
and also understand that they will not be any charges again from any one or
individual and you will receive your fund in any means you want your fund
to get to you with in 24hrs of processing your documents, take note of that.
(NOTE: TELLING YOU TO PAY FOR ANY FEE OR CHARGE IS ALL NOTHING BUT LIES, I
REPEAT THE ONLY MONEY YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY AND WHICH I ALSO PAID IS 375
EURO FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DOCUMENTS IMPOSED BY THE GOVERNMENT.)
Once again stop contacting those people, I will advise you to contact Mr
Peter Kaiser, so that him can help you to process your funds instead of
dealing with those liars that will be turning you around asking for
different kind of money to complete your transaction and you can also get
back to me so that I will always guard and direct you through my e-mail
address:( email@example.com )
Listed below are the name of mafias and banks behind the non release of
your funds that I managed to sneak out for your kind perusal.
1) Prof. Charles soludo
2) Senator David Mark
2) Micheal Edward
3) Chief Joseph Sanusi
3) Sanusi Lamido
4) Dr. R. Rasheed
5) Mr. David Koffi
6) Barrister Awele Ugorji
7) Mr. Roland Ngwa
8) Barrister Ucheuzo Williams
9) Mr. Ernest Chukwudi Obi
10) Dr. Patrick Aziza Deputy Governor - Policy / Board Member
11) Mr. Tunde Lemo Deputy Governor - Financial Sector
12) Mrs. W. D. A. Mshelia Deputy Governor - Corporate Services / Board
13) Mrs. Okonjo Iweala
14) Mrs. Rita Ekwesili
15) Barr Jacob Onyema
16) Dr. Godwin Oboh: Director Union Bank Of Nigeria.
17) Mr. John Collins: Global Diplomat Director.
18) Foreign fund diplomatic courier
19) Barr. Becky Owens
20) Rev. Steven Jones
21) Mr. Alfred james
22) Mrs. Sherry Williams
23) Mr. Scott Larry
24) M.S Joy Ogwu..Financial Minister
(25) Dr Godwin Emefiene
Mr. Rick Brook.