fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- The following phrases in this message should put you on alert:
- "million us dollars" (they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals)
- "headquater" (this email uses bad English)
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (email address has been used in a known fraud before)
- division name: mr. albert johnson (fbi agent) email: email@example.com note: i'm sending you this email because i don’t want (Gmail; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
Fraud email example:
From: "Ms Karen Meyer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 09:07:34 -0700
Subject: - READ THIS
I am Ms Karen Meyer I am a US citizen, 66 years Old. I reside here in 301 Pointe S Pkwy Jonesboro, Georgia 30238, United States, I am one of those that took part in the Compensation in West Africa many years ago and they refused to pay me, I paid close to $60,000 US Dollars trying to get my payment but all to no avail and they always stopped my funds with one reason or the order.
So I decided to travel with my son to FBI HEADQUATERS in WASHINGTON D.C with all my compensation documents to complain, And I was directed by the (FBI) Director to contact Mr. Albert Johnson, who is a representative of the FBI And I contacted him and he explained everything to me he took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment. Right now I am the most happiest woman on earth because I have received my compensation funds of $15, Million Us Dollars Moreover, Mr. Albert Johnson, showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your name as one of the beneficiaries, and your email adMsess, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you and if they have not contacted you that means you are lucky so make sure you dont contact anybody aside Agent Albert Johnson regarding your fund which you are the rightful owner of it.
I will advise you to contact Mr. Albert Johnson directly today on the information below with his private e-Mail AdMsess to know if he can help you too.
COMPENSATION AWARD HOUSE / FBI CRIMINAL DIVISION
Name: Mr. Albert Johnson (FBI AGENT)
Note: I'm sending you this email because I donât want you to be fooled anymore and I dont want all the innocent people to be scammed anymore, by various scam artist claiming to be with their fund, You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in any way with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will Msy you up until you have nothing left with you.
The only money I paid after I met Mr. Albert Johnson was $425.00 for the Legal Paper Works of my fund, take note of that and I want you to know that he's a sincere and honest person so don't be afraid to send the $425.00 to him because he will surely help you to get your fund and you will come back here to thank me after you receive your fund and also appreciate Mr Albert Johnson efforts after you receive your fund.
Once again stop contacting those people because they dont know anything about your fund,They are Criminals, Hoodlums who are only interested in your hard earned money so I will advise you to contact Mr. Albert Johnson so that he can help you to receive your fund instead of dealing with those liars, crooks that will be turning you around asking for different kind of money to complete your transaction and also he's the only assigned FBI Agent to assist all the fund beneficiaries to receive their fund without been scammed or any further issues, every FBI Agent concerning your fund aside Mr Albert Johnson is Fraud so kindly contact him immidiately.
You can as well contact me through my details below
God Bless You.
Ms Karen Meyer
Email :: email@example.com
301 Pointe S Pkwy Jonesboro,