fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
Fraud email example:
Date: 07 Dec 2020 16:23:44 -0500
Subject: Business Loans
Dear Sir / Madam,
We offer all kind of loans - Business Loan / Real Estate Project
we are comprehensive financial
services firm committed to helping our clients improve their
long-term financial success.
Our customized programs are designed to help grow, protect, and
conserve our client's wealth by delivering a superior level of
We're Investment/Finance firm that specialized in project funding
& General financial service offer.Our principal function would be
assist you in complete financing through our reputable Lending
We are open to having a good business relationship with you. We
are currently interested in funding viable businesses,
investments or projects in the following areas of interest:
* Starting up a Franchise
* Business Acquisition
* Business Expansion
* Capital / Infrastructural Project
* Commercial Real Estate purchase
* Contract Execution
* Trade Financing etc.
* Want to be an Agent / Broker?
- Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their
clients and are 100% protected.
We encourage you to contact us and learn more about the loans
service we offered.
If you have any questions or want more information about this
offer do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.