fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- An email address listed inside this email has been used in a known fraud before.
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- This email message is a fake lottery scam. Consider the following facts about real lotteries:
- They don't notify winners by email.
- You can't win without first buying a lottery ticket.
- They don't randomly select email addresses to award prizes to.
- They don't use free email accounts (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) to communicate with you.
- They don't tell you to call a mobile phone number.
- They don't tell you to keep your winnings secret.
- They will never ask a winner to pay any fees to receive a prize!
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (email address has been used in a known fraud before)
Fraud email example:
From: "GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION COVID-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND" (may be fake)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 09:53:59 -0800
Subject: You have won to benefit from Gabriel Escarrer Foundation.
YOU HAVE WON TO BENEFIT FROM GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION COVID-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND.
GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION COVID-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND.
Avenida Conde Duque, 10 28015 Madrid,Spain.
GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION Management Team wishes to inform you that you have been selected to benefit from GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION COVID-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND of Four Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand Euros (EUR 4, 650, 000, 00) Four Million Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand Euros for the GABRIEL ESCARRER Covid 19 Palliative Relief Fund which was organized by GABRIEL ESCARRER MANAGEMENT TEAM held on Thursday 3rd of December 2020 to help people fight one of world Worst pandemic in History.
GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION collected all the email addresses of people that are active online, among over 2 billion-plus global users that Purchased from Amazon,Ali Express,Wish, DHL,UPS,Wish and also subscribers to Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail/outlook,bigpond.com and few from other e-mail providers. Four e-mail addresses were selected to benefit from this GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION Covid 19 Palliative Relief Fund 2020 and your e-mail address has been selected via Computer Random Selection System as one of the top Four lucky Beneficiary for 2020 GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION Covid 19 Palliative Relief program.
All Beneficiaries shall be paid by our paying Bank through BANK TRANSFER. Your winning prize of (EUR 1,162,000,500.00) One Million, One Hundred and Sixty Two Thousand Five Hundred Euros must be claimed as soon as possible. Any prize not claimed within this period shall be forfeited. Stated below is your GABRIEL ESCARRER COVID-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND Identification Reference Code:
You are requested to contact the GABRIEL ESCARRER FOUNDATION Covid-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND Payment Financial Advisor Consultant:
and submit your Identification Reference code, Nationality, Contact Address, Telephone Number ,Occupation and Age to:
GABRIEL ESCARRER FUNDACION COVID-19 PALLIATIVE RELIEF FUND FINANCIAL ADVISOR CONSULTANT
Don, Andre Marcos Belen
You are advised to send the below information together with your Reference code to Don, Andr?s Marcos Melen. through his above e-mail to facilitate the release of your COVID-19 Palliative relieve fund to you immediately.
1. Nationality/ Country of Residence
2. Contact Address
3. Telephone Number
PLEASE ALSO DONATE TO YOUR COMMUNITY TO HELP OTHERS IN NEEED!!!
Congratulations once again !!!
Anna Cuellar Iglesias
Gabriel Escarrer Foundation Coordinator.