fighting spam and scams on the Internet
"419" Scam – Advance Fee / Fake Lottery Scam
The so-called "419" scam is a type of fraud dominated by criminals from Nigeria and other countries in Africa. Victims of the scam are promised a large amount of money, such as a lottery prize, inheritance, money sitting in some bank account, etc.
Victims never receive this non-existent fortune but are tricked into sending their money to the criminals, who remain anonymous. They hide their real identity and location by using fake names and fake postal addresses as well as communicating via anonymous free email accounts and mobile phones.
Keep in mind that scammers DO NOT use their real names when defrauding people.
The criminals either abuse names of real people or companies or invent names or addresses.
Any real people or companies mentioned below have NO CONNECTION to the scammers!
Read more about such scams here or in our 419 FAQ. Use the Scam-O-Matic to verify suspect emails.
Click here to report a problem with this page.
Some comments by the Scam-O-Matic about the following email:
- This email uses a separate reply address that is different from the sender address. Spammers use this to get replies even when the original spam sending accounts have been shut down. Also, sometimes the sender addresses are legitimate looking but fake and only the reply address is actually an email account controlled by the scammers.
- This email message is a 419 scam. Please see our 419 FAQ for more details on such scams.
- This email lists mobile phone numbers. Use of such numbers is typical for scams because they allow criminals to conceal their true location. They can receive calls in an Internet cafe from where they send you emails, while pretending to be in some office.
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Use of such addresses is typical for scams. Lotteries, banks and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
- email@example.com (Gmail/GoogleMail; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
Fraud email example:
From: "UNLIMITED.TOOLS " <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 16:33:13 -0700
Subject: HANGHOUT : email@example.com.
TOOLS FOR SORTING EMAILS FROM OFFICE365, GODADDY, GMAIL, YAHOO ETC.
ALL COUNTRY LEADS LIKE: COMPANY EMAILS, OFFIICE365 EMAILS,CEO AND CFO.
AM SELLING (EMAIL EXTRACTOR WITH KEYWODR\ALSO CAN EXTRACT BY COUNRTY)
UNLIMITED WEBMAIL ROUND CUBE(100BCC,250BCC, 500BC)
UNLIMITED WEBMAIL: BLUE ZIMBRA(500BCC OR 1000BCC)
UNLIMITED SMTP SERVER+TURBO MAILER+ ADMIN RDP
UNLIMITED SMTP: IP SMTPS OR DOMAIN SMTPS,
ANY COUNTRY RDP NOT BLACKLIST
BANK LOGIN WITH ONLINE ACCESS
HORDE AND SQUIRREL BOX
ANY COUNTRY FULLZ
I CAN BLAST YOUR FORMAT FOR YOU WITH $60
you can add me for any of my id below
EMAIL ME : firstname.lastname@example.org
HANGHOUT : email@example.com
WHATSAPP : +2348024574138